Monday, September 22, 2008

Wyoming is the new New York.. and other crazy adventures.

Sunday morning I left my house, on my way to Casper, WY.. or so I thought! Six hours lately I discovered I was in fact in New York. That's what my phone told me. I listen to everything my phone tells me (Just to clarify, my phone was not actually talking to me). So for those of you that have not been to "New York", my travel pictures are on the next post down (as they were being divas and had to be in a post of their own)! You'll get the full affect if you sit in front of your computer for the next 6 hours and watch them over and over and over again. I hope you enjoy!

I had the great joy of going to Wyoming with Nicolyn, the store manager of our Layton location. She is a hoot!! I'd like to share with you now my favorite "Nicolyn-isms".

* Walking into a gas station in Montana; Nicolyn: "K, you cannot judge me for the question I am about to ask you." Clerk nods his head looking a little dazed and confused. Nicolyn: "What state am I in?" Clerk: "Um.. insanity?" Nicolyn: "No, like what state?" Clerk: "You're in Montana." Nicolyn: "Oh darn! I was hoping I was in Wyoming."
* After struggling for half an hour trying to get a room at the hotel we had a reservation for, we get up to the second floor and our "room number" does not exist. Nicolyn proclaims "He booked us outside! Idiot!"
* Being her tour guide in Wyoming; Kara: "And on your left there is Independence Rock!" Nicolyn: "Sweet!! I've heard of that! Now I can say I've seen it!"
* And one that is not part of this Wyoming trip, but still my favorite.. "Normally I'd say 'piss off' but I don't want to be smote!"

2 comments:

Jana said...

Oh Wyoming.. how dear you are to my heart. lol I'm so sad I didn't get to come with you 2 crazy ladies!!

P.S. Thanks for my picture of my sign! :)

Jalaine Lassek said...

I haven't been to Wyoming but maybe someday! If I ever go, I'm taking all you girls with me LOL