Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For Those Keeping Score

I have an update in regards to the water heater at work (I know everyone has been sitting on pins and needles waiting for this after all). Monday the bid guy from last week and his boss show up with a sparkly new water heater (forgot to mention before that I still have the one from dumb and dumber sitting in my bathroom. What should one do about that?) I start holding my breathe as they start up the ladder. Voila! They got INTO the access door! I am pretty sure the old water heater was welded in there (it took a lot of grunting and moving), but after an hour the disgusting piece of metal is free!

Total time for a water heater replacement was 1 hour 22 minutes 17 seconds (I know its sad that I know this). They clean up all the dusty, dirty mess they made (including vacuuming... I was quite impressed). As they are leaving they tell me that in about an hour everything should be circulated and I should have hot water. Score!

The point of this post? We still DON'T have hot water!

2 comments:

Jana said...

But hey.. at least they were not pansies and climbed into the crawl space. That's a lot farther the the "We think we're cool" people!

Natalie said...

Yeah, at least they got up there and got it done in less time than dumb and dumber could set their ladder up, but sheesh! What's the deal?