Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I HATE HATE HATE Snow!

Did I mention I hate snow? Well okay, that is a little unfair... I only hate it in an "I have to drive out in it, amongst the idiots who don't know how to drive in it, and attempt to get to work."

Case in point, this was my commute today:

9:05 Leave my house to go to work (a commute that on a normal day takes 32 minutes).
9:27 First marquee I pass on the freeway states that Cottonwood canyons requires chains this morning.... not me score!
9:51 Get to the second marquee (this one is only about 10 ft from Parleys canyon entrance). This one states that Parleys is also requiring chains. Translation: I can't go to work til they don't require those anymore. Sucks for me that it took this long to figure that lovely tidbit of information out!
10:06 I finally get to a point to turn back around.
10:17 Driving south on 215 I turn my head as I am driving to look at the marquee. From what I see it's blank and so I should be fine to head up.
10:28 I turn around on 3300 S, pick up food because I am STARVING, and get back on 215 north bound.
10:37 Oh wait! The marquee actually says that semis are no longer allowed in the canyon, everyone else requires chains. Great! It's getting worse!
11:14 I get back by my house and continue calling 511 to wait for the clear.
12:23 Get back into my car to start the commute all over again!
1:44 I finally get to work and open the store. Ugh!

1 comments:

Jana said...

I don't know what you are talking about... snow is wonderful.. driving in it WONDERFUL! :P