Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How Many Men Does It Take To Install A Water Heater?

Three.... so far!

We have no hot water at work. Sad day, I know. Cam has been proactive in calling all of our maintenance requests into our corporate office. Well, we have been working on getting the water heater replaced for three weeks now:

Week #1: Two men from We Think We're Cool Inc. come out. They climb into the access door to assess the project, they develop a bid on the job and pass it on to corporate. Corporate approves it- Yay!

Week #2- The lady from corporate calls (we'll call her Betsy) and informs us that they should have already been out to fix the water heater (it has been approved for 5 days now). Have we seen them? NOPE! Betsy is going to call the "fruitcakes" (her exact words) and get them out here.... Finally on Friday Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber show up. They climb up the ladder to the access hole (you know, the one that they were in in week #1) but apparently this week they can't actually get in it. So they sit and discuss for 40 minutes on how they can accomplish installing the water heater without falling through the ceiling. Cam and I are confused, since obviously there was no problem the week prior when they came out for the bid. We watched them get in just fine! Then they start talking crazy and want to put a hole in our bathroom to go up to the water heater. Say what now? They end up leaving to figure out how they are going to do their job. Well, by this time Tayla has come in for her shift. What do the three of us do since no one is in the store shopping? Yup, we get the ladder back out to assess the situation. Want to know what we find? That the water heater is maybe, MAYBE a full 6 inches from the door. You could install a new one while still on the ladder. We don't stand for idiots like that! So Cam gets back on the phone and leaves corporate a message to bag the drama queens and get some out here who will actually do the job!

Week #3- I get a call this morning from a new guy who is going to come and make a bid. Too bad for the first schmucks, eh? Well hopefully he turns out to be competent. If not, does anyone know where we can find Water Heater Installation for Dummies?

5 comments:

Camaron Ortiz said...

haha!!! i appreciate it, even if no one else does! ;o)

JoAnna said...

Hilarious! I love the "fruitcakes" and dumb and dumber and so on and so forth. So brilliant. love it!

Jana said...

Oh man! I should have been there! I'd start taking things apart! You'd have a new water heater installed in minutes! Whether it would work or not is a totally other question!

Natalie said...

Sheesh that is craziness!!! Fantastic writing!

worldtraveler said...

I love your blog. I just found it and it is great. You are so funny!